Thursday 26 November 2009

Blogging Bloggers: Assembling The Ridley X-Night Seat Mast | What I learned from Ridley

Both Gary and Cris were sporting brand new 16.5 lbs Ridley's X-Night this cross season and I’ve been thinking of joining the club.

“Measure many times and cut once”

Coach Dave.
----

The following article can be fround Here or Here

The Ridley's have treated me unbelievably this seson. A way better arrow than the Indian shooting it. The X-Night is a pretty sophisticated bike and is one of the new-generation frames featuring a carbon seat mast in favor over a seat post. This adds rigidity (especially in large frames like my 58cm) while reducing overall weight.
Out of the box, the X-Night's seat mast must be cut to the rider's appropriate height. The frame comes with a number of shims of various thicknesses as well to get very precise on the positioning. After cutting and getting my seat height dialed, my first couple of mounts and re-mounts demonstrated a noticeable "pop" emanating form the seat mast. A little concerning to say the least yet I couldn't diagnose the problem.

At Interbike, I had the privilege of meeting the Ridely bike crew from Belgium and their US counterparts from QBP and talked through my issue. Very quickly they walked me through the process and I wanted to share that with you as well, family of Ridley X-Night owners.
... Here or Here

1 comment:

  1. Actually we both have XFires which is the non integrated seatmast... 31.6mm seatpost... I'm too scared to go for an inteagrated mast aka measure one million times cut once... the XFire has a 12mm longer wheel base than the XNight (1028mm XNight, 1040mm Fire) and a slightly taller headtube when comparing size 56. The standover height on the XFire is also 1 cm more in a size 56...

    ReplyDelete