Paul B lead out at a walking pace and I settled in behind not wanting to miss the attack that was sure to come. Within 10-seconds Danielle jumped to the front intending to do violence. We all flew up the first long hill at Mach 1 with burning lungs, and screaming legs. When Dan slowed fractionally and look back over his left shoulder I responded in kind hammering around the opposite shoulder. Hurt the weak! Harass the pathetic and break the strong!
On the fourth lap Paul decided to demonstrate what “kick your ass,” means. My better judgment kept my aggression in check, and I maintained a comfortable pace as I did not want to exert more effort then the heat or prudence would allow.
Thanks to the BBC and all the volunteers for a great race. Special thanks to Kimi for her most excellent feed zone work. Next on deck is the Back 40.
Other race reports
1. JP’s blood bath.
2. Receiving the leader’s pate. Sweet!
3. Cutting trail ‘just before the race’. WTF?
4. Suffering the fastest, hardest and longest lead out… ever
5. Creative time checks from Greg ;)
6. Nearly missing a corner at 45 km. Very scary!
7. Learning that Cris L had won his Cat. Well done old man!