Monday 17 August 2009

Ode to Cyclocross

BARITONE
Oh great barriers, please allow me to hurtle over you like the deer my father in-law will be hunting in cross season.

La la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la

BARITONE, QUARTET, AND CHORUS
Oh great straight aways, please allow me to fly down you like I do the interstate going to a u.s race. Way beyond the safe speed but just before a disaster.

La la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la

BARITONE, QUARTET, AND CHORUS
Oh great super fans, please continue to scream and cheer for me even though I look like death warmed over and am getting lapped. Continue to yell things at me even though all I hear in my my heartbeat in my head and my garbled name.

La la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la

BARITONE
Oh great barriers, please allow me to hurtle over you like the deer my father in-law will be hunting in cross season.

And finally…

BARITONE, QUARTET
Oh great Belgium club mud bog, I know this summer you've been lurking and getting stronger waiting to extract revenge on all those riders who have had there pictures taken flying threw you at the Belgium race over the last few years. I heard from my local mud pits you've been planning your wheel sucking, shoe grabbing, endo revenge for the strong few who have made you look so pathetic to your fellow bogs. Please spare me, I have only tried to slip by you unnoticed on your edge and never once bragged about how I "owned your ass" to my friends. I beg you, when my wife and child come to watch this year don't claim me as an example. I promise I'll tip toe around.

La la la la la la la la la la
La la la la la la la la la la

BARITONE, AND CHORUS
Oh great barriers, please allow me to hurtle over you like the deer my father in-law will be hunting in cross season.

*Accompaniment: Cowbells

- Dallas the Hardcore

No comments:

Post a Comment